Bangalore (Karnataka), April 10, 2005: The south zone meeting held at the Karnataka Jain Bhavan, Bangalore, reviewed the progress of the preparations of the Mahamasthakabhishekha of Bhagawan Bahubali scheduled to be held in February 2006. More than 700 dignitaries from the southern states, members of the mahamasthakabhishekha national committee and dignitaries of various Jain samaj’s of Karnataka attended the meeting. The honorary president of the national committee Sri Nareshkumar Sethi, Jaipur; working president Sri A.R.Nirmal Kumar, Bangalore; Sri Nirmal Kumar Sethi, Lucknow; the members of the national committee Sri D.A.Patil, Jaisinghpur; Sri Nirmal Kumar Sethi, Lucknow; Sri Arvind R.Doshi, Mumbai; Sri Satish Jain, Delhi; Smt. Sarita Mahendrakumar Jain, Chennai; Sri Trilokchand Jain, Bharatanagar, Delhi; Sri N.Jitendra, Kumar; Dr. Kotaria; Sri Jain Roop Bakiwal, Delhi; Sri Kamalkumar Badajathya, Mumbai; Sri Rajkumar Sethi; members of the Karnataka Legislative Council Sri Veerkumar Patil and Dr.M.R.Tanga and other dignitaries were present at the meeting.
The following decisions were taken and the proceedings drawn on the occasion:
- The committee hailed the decision of the of the state Government for appointing the K.A.S. officer Sri A.Ashok as the special officer of the mahotsav.
- Larsen & Tubro Company assured the company to complete the permanent water supply scheme to Shravanabelagola by October 31st, 2005.
- Starting the construction work of the platform for the pilgrims to watch the mahamasthakabhishekha event on the Vindhyagiri hill and construction of the staircase for performing the pooja.
- Providing lift facility on the western side of the Vindhyagiri.
- Upgrading the primary healthcare centre at Shravanabelagola.
- Completing of the Hassan-Mangalore railway line.
- Construction of 271 permanent residential rooms at Shravanabelagola in cooperation with the Government and the society.
- Arrangement of temporary accommodation for the people visiting the place during the event.
- Construction of permanent Chavundaraya Mantap by the Government near the Bhandari basadi and the Matada basadi.
- Starting of modernised information centre by the Government near the Chandragiri hill of Shravanabelagola.
- Implementing various social welfare programmes.
- Planning the organisation of various conferences and seminars.
- Organising popular religious and national cultural programmes.
- Providing transportation and communication facilities to different places from Shravanabelagola.
Sri A.R.Nirmal Kumar appealed to the members assembled to extend full cooperation to implement the various schemes undertaken for the successful celebration of Mahamasthakabhishekha. He also immensly thanked the interest shown by both state and central Governments for conducting Mahamasthakabhishekha.
Sri Dhanyakumar R.Shah of the Kalasha distribution committee said that the abhishkeha will be conducted for nine days in order to facilitate every individual in the society to conduct abhishekha for Lord Bahubali. – Jain Heritage Centres News Service (JHCNS)